Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

YSL lipstick - #13 Peach Passion

Review: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick - #13 Peach Passion


One word - WOW.

I am not usually a lipstick person and tend to stick to my trusty lip balm/lipglosses. This is due to the fact I tend to have chronic 'dry-lip' syndrome. Also, you need to get a really good one that doesn't bleed (I'm way too lazy for lipliner) and rub off easily - and that can be pretty hit and miss.

I had eyed this lipstick for a long time before I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I won't lie, it is expensive for a lipstick, at $54 AUD (Mecca Cosmetica), but gosh is it worth it.



While their whole range of colours are gorgeous, I ended up buying #13 (Peach Passion), purely because we (Australia) are in Spring and going into Summer, and this colour is really trending right now, and gives a fresh look to your face. The texture is ah-maze-ing! It is really creamy and mousturizing, and even gives me, miss dry lips, a smooth finish (with only minimal visability of lines). Oh and it doesn't bleed (plus plus plus...TICK!). And the packaging is so sleek and classy.

The colour goes on really opaque, so you really don't need to use a lot of it to get the coverage and colour you need (see swatch below).



This colour may seem a little daring for some (especially those who have pretty pale skin), but the trick is just do what you would do with any other lipstick...blot! Use a tissue and blot until your desired colour. What also works is dusting a little bit of transluscent powder over your lips (not too much though) to dull out the colour. This can also help with the staying power of this lipstick. However, if you are looking for a YSL lipstick that is not so peachy, my next pick would be going for the #7 Lingerie Pink (which will probably be my next purchase).

The only downfall of this lipstick would be how long it lasts. For the price, I was half hoping for something that was a lot more longlasting wear. However, I find myself having to re-apply this throughout the day to keep the colour I want.

Apart from that, if you are looking for an amazing lipstick, I definitely recommend the YSL Rouge Volupte range! Every girls needs to have one of these golden bullets in their beauty collection.

 - Karene x

No comments:

Post a Comment