Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

First Impressions: Stila #21 Brush

First Impressions: Stila #21 Brush

I heard RAVE reviews about this brush on Makeup Alley (if you have never used Makeup Alley, get on it!)... It is a rounded flat top brush, packed tightly with relatively short bristles. Even though it is dense, it is still super soft with a sturdy thick handle.


It's advertised as a 'Double Duty Cheek Contouring and Blush brush', but when I saw this, I thought it was definitely dense enough to be used as a flat foundation brush.
No. No no no no no. This brush does not like liquid foundation. It sheds like you would not believe, going all over my face and on the floor! I thought, 'hmmm maybe because it's new, and it is just shedding loose hairs'. Tried it again. Same thing happened. Horrible...

I was so disappointed. That's what I get for not following its directions of use.

So, I tried it as a loose powder brush. Presto - what do you know...no shedding. Still too early for me to really 'review' this, as I will still need to play around with it. I do believe it will be amazing for contouring due to how packed together the bristles are, so if you are looking for that sharp, structured, Kim Kardashian make up look, this is probably the brush for you. I will post pictures in my next review.

 - Karene x

No comments:

Post a Comment