Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

NARS Foundation Review

NARS Sheer Matte Foundation



Let me say this simple and straight - this foundation is evil. It will absolutely destroy your skin, then come back for your first born.

One day I decided to venture out again into the scary world of foundations after being an avid and loyal user of Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (which I will also review soon). Walked into Mecca Cosmetica, explaining that I want a matte foundation, with medium coverage. The SA straight away walked over to the NARS stand, grabbed this foudation and tested it on my face.

Wow - it looked great. Perfect colour match (the colour was Fiji). So... I bought it...it isn't cheap either...

...funny how everything always looks better when you are in the cosmetic store and have a professional applying the tester...

Got home, it still looked pretty good, so I began using it as my 'everyday wear' foundation.

Each day, I would wake up, put on my foundation, and go to work. Not even half way through my day, I would already start to notice this foundation separating. That's how bad the staying power of this is.

By the end of the day, it was completely disgusting. Any foundation that had not come off already, was patchy, caught in places you dont want it to. It dried out my skin, but at the same time, looked oily and shiny (what happened to 'Sheer Matte'?). Also, it oxidises like you would not believe - the colour turned from a perfect match, to nearly orange. I tried to combat this throughout the day by using blotting tissues, and dusting transluscent powder over my face at different intervals. It worked somewhat - enough for me to continue using it (it was too espensive for me to stop, and I had used too much to take it back).

Well I really should have taken all of the above as a sign to stop using it...because it gets worse...

Not only did it seriously dry my skin - it broke me out horribly. I do have acne-prone skin, but nothing like this before. I got pimples where I have never gotten pimples before (jaw line, chin). They weren't mild either; they were angry, red, and impossible to cover. For a supposedly 'oil free' foundation, this sure does not act like one.

Noticing what was happening I stopped using it and counted my losses. As soon as I got off it, my skin started returning to normal - slowly but surely.

DO NOT buy this product. Such a waste of money and has the potential to do some serious damage to the look of your skin!

That being said - I have heard some pretty great review about the NARS Sheer Glow foundation, which some of you may want to try. Not me though - I am too traumatised!!

 - Karene x

No comments:

Post a Comment